Thursday 30 April 2009

Month 2 Gareth and the Blood Ravens 5th

The Games Day model that will probably not even find its way into the army but looks nice.
The Dreadnought. This is the Assault on Black Reach model so comes ready to go with a Multi Melta. I am going to swap this around at some point to an Assault Cannon and Missile Launcher.

The Assault on Black Reach Terminators. Again i am not sure if they will find a place in the army but it seemed rude not to paint them after doing their box mates. I am going to go back over these with more shading and highlighting but for now i am happy enough with them. I especially like the Sergeant and his base.



My Sternguard. My crappy photography really doesn't do these models justice as i think they are the best looking unit in the army so far.


My army in full so far. I knocked the Board up in about 5 minutes to give me something to pose them on. Its just a Javis Scenics mat cut and stuck to Polystyrene and some ready made/painted Javis Scenery.




Well its fair to say i have been busy this month with painting my models. I have added a Devastator Squad which is loaded out with 2 Lascannons and 2 Heavy Bolters. Its a strange mix i know but it gives me a couple of tank busting guns for the inevitable Wave Serpents full of Aspect Warriors Foxy will bring (not to mention that bloody Avatar!) and the Killa Kans that Vic fields but also gives me 2 Heavy Bolters that should do a fair bit of damage to any Aspect Warriors, Ork Nobz or failing that just make a mess of Guardians and Ork boys. I am half way though painting another 5 Devastators with the remaining weapons and a Combat Squad which will not be part of my total army list but gives me plenty of heavy options for the Devastator squad and my Tactical Squads. Which is something i advise any marine player to do. I also Painted the rest of the Assault on Black Reach models (minus the Captain) but i think i could do with going back over and adding a bit more detail to them. I also painted last years Games Day model just because he looks nice and a Sternguard Squad as it seemed fitting with Bob at the head of the army. The models themselves are amazing and on the table will again add a bit more specialized firepower. Seen as i am only allowed 800 points for the next game i will have to chose carefully.
You will notice i have not put up a picture of my Objective marker yet, it was finished but then i saw the poor Marine on the base of Vic's! So i am going back to add lots of dead orks to mine, childish, yes, but fun all the same, definatly!


It seems to me as i am writing this that my army is in danger of being 'too specialized' and too small which against Orks and Eldar is not really a great idea. So for month 3 i think i am going to have to add at least 1 more Tactical Squad and probably 2, but then i have a nice new Thunderfire Cannon just begging to be painted!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails