Wednesday 29 April 2009

Month 2 - Blu'er and Hord'ier

Here is my completed Orks quota for month 2.


As mentioned in the battle against the Avatar and Wraithlord, I struggled to wound these beasts. In fact I only had one rokkit launcha at strength 8, that was it! And to top the steep learning curve I charged the Wraithlord with a unit of ten boyz but only after finding out that strength 4 against toughness 10 Wraithlords meant that no wounds could even be made (the Nob also rolled a spectacular '2' and '1's to hit)

So with that in mind I painted up a unit of Lootas:
5 isin't a large number of boyz and neither is their BS2! but with 48" range and strength 7 at least I stood a chance at damaging the Wraithlord from afar.

Next, to add more shooty killyness I modelled up a unit of three killa kans with rokkit launchas. I'm really proud of the rokkit launchas conversion as they were simply snipped off of plastic deffkoptas and fitted into plasticard tubes. They just look the part.


And the last thing to do was to add another healthy dose of 20 boyz with shootas this time.

Taking my quota this month to 395 points (the spare 5 points I will use to upgrade one of the killakans with grot riggers or something) I also get 10 points for winning a battle last month too.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails